Meeting Minutes / Newsletters > Meeting Minutes 01/12/08
Meeting Minutes 01/12/08

Jan 12, 2008

OREGON FIRE APPARATUS EQUIPMENT MECHANICS ASSOCIATION
BOARD MEETING   
JANUARY 12, 2008
NORTH LINCOLN FIRE & RESCUE DISTRICT #1
OCEAN LAKE STATION

LUNCH AT 12:00 of Pizzas

CALL TO ORDER: at 12:18 P.M. by Art Blaisdell

ATTENDANCE:
   Art Blaisdell, President
   George Eisert, Vice President
   Dan Grove, 2nd Vice President
   Dave Clark, 3 Year Director
   Kerry Bohanan, Life Member
   Neil Senger, Life Member
   Rick Fletcher, Executive Director
   Guests: Steve Senger, Susie Blaisdell, Stacey Grove &
Chris Fletcher

MINUTES: Last meeting minutes were read and approved.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
   Financial report was handed out to members.

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REPORT:
   Rick reported that Quirt was absent due to weather, Don
was in an EMT-I bridge class, and Dave Hopman due
to
health.
   Rick reported there are currently 105 members.
   Rick reported that the school flyers were mailed out on
Jan 2nd and class info and registration were put on
the
web site on the 5th. Rick was able to use a bulk
rate    permit from his town's chamber of commerce for
mailing
the flyers, so it only cost $.25 each.
   The scholarship application was put on the web site on
the 1st of Jan. and we have received 2 applications

already.
   Rick signed a new contract with Chemeketa, because the
one that was already signed was the wrong form
according
to Chemeketa.
   Rick will put together an equipment needs list for each
class, and purchase some NFPA 1911 manuals for some
of
the classes. He will draft up the letter to sesame
   Donuts for the week, & contact Wilson Heirgood about
hospitality room sponsorship.
   Rick will be contacting caterer Tina about lunches for
the Hydraulics class on Wednesday, when they go to
Linn
Benton college, we may need to deliver them.
   Dan asked if we work with Washington on the scheduling
of classes as to not duplicate classes they are
doing, I
will try to work more with Washington for next
year.
COMMITTEES REPORT:
   Education:
Classes are posted on the web.

   EVT Validation:
Rick and Don Gleason are going to the
EVT Validation Conference on the 23 thru the 26th
of
Jan. and will try to attend the FMCC meeting while
there.

   Vendors:
George will be mailing out the vendor applications
next
week. He has a few new Vendors already. George is
also
letting vendors know that we won't have a schedule

conflict with EVT Testing at the same time as the
vendor show. He wants a weather guaranty for that
day
to be able place apparatus out side and make it
less
crowded inside.

   Scholarship: Bo reports that we have gotten 2
applications to date, one from Elsie-Vinemaple
Fire Dept. and one from Crook County Fire &
Rescue.
Hope to get more applications

OLD BUSINESS:
   George asked if H&W was going to do sponsor a
scholarship again this year, and Rick said that
Steve
Jahns hadn't replied back from emails he sent.
George
will try to contact Steve and let Rick know.
   Rick will contact Hughes Fire about it also. Rick will
add it to the scholarship if it happens.
   Bo reported that the cup picture has been send to
Gravagraphics already and cups are ordered, He is
having
difficulty getting the shirt pictures to Condor and
that    Condor is busy and this will be his last year to do
our
shirts, due to retirement.
   
NEW BUSINESS:
   We will need to replace Dave Hopman's board position at
the annual meeting due to his retirement, if anyone
is
interested.
   George had the 2008 membership decals made by Mark
Carroll.
   Dan Grove asked about the possibility of us doing ARFF
classes in the future, will need to start looking
for
instructors for the ARFF series.      
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
   Rick asked that members forward items of interest like
recalls, or tsb's, to him so that he can put them
on the
website for others.

MEETING ADJOURNED: at 3:00 P.M.

NEXT MEETING:    
March 9th, 2008, 17:00
Phoenix Inn North
Hospitality Room 101
Salem, Or. 97305 Site Meter