Meeting Minutes / Newsletters > Meeting 06/09/07
Meeting 06/09/07

Jun 9, 2007

OREGON FIRE APPARATUS EQUIPMENT MECHANICS ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL AUDIT/BOARD MEETING   
JUNE 9, 2007
MARION COUNTY REGIONAL \TRAINING CENTER-SALEM, OREGON

CALL TO ORDER: at 12:15 by Dan Grove

ATTENDANCE:
   Dan Grove, 2nd Vice President
   Dave Clark, 3 year Director   
   Kerry Bohanan, Life Member
   Duane Jordan, Member
   Rick Fletcher, Executive Director

PRESIDENTS REPORT: Dan Grove had nothing to report.

MINUTES: Last meeting minutes were read, Dave Clark,
motioned to approve them as        written and Duane
Jordan seconded, and passed.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
Audit Committee: Dan Grove, Dave Clark, and Duane Jordan
conducted the    audit prior to the meeting and Dan reported
that it all came out Ok. There was a    $5 unreconciled entry
from 2005 that Dan questioned.

Rick provided financial reports for the members and
reported that due to the    changes made this year in the
school announcement and registration and lower than
expected school count that lost money on this year's
school.
Rick asked the members there for the Ok to move some of our
money into a
CD, to earn us interest that we don't get on the checking
account now.
Kerry suggested going to a firm such as Edward Jones and
seeing what's    available.
Rick will get information and email the specifics to the
board.

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REPORT:
Rick reported that we have a membership count of 89
members. Rick is working on a membership dues reminder
letter to send out to members from last year that haven't
renewed this year, Dan Grove will try to help with the
wording on that.
Rick reported that we had 100% collections on school
registrations.
We had a booth at the OFIA conference and the Northwest
Fire Expo and gave out some information at both events.
Laurie Hendricks is working on the contract for us with
Chemeketa but didn't have it ready for today's meeting, she
will send it to Rick for approval and he will    get copies
to the board for review. Rick reports that since we
haven't seen this    contract yet he hasn't set the hotel
reservations yet either, but he was informed that we can
use Tina's catering for the lunches next year instead of
Chemeketa's    catering.
Rick asked the board to approve a budget the same as last
years, budget was approved


OLD BUSINESS: Rick will check on Hale Pump promised us by
Hale Products.

NEW BUSINESS: We received an application from the OFDDA to
sponsor a table at their conference this year, no motion
was made.
It was asked about doing the vendor show at OVFA and it is
too close to their conference to do it this year, but we
can plan for next year.
Rick reviewed the committee list and took suggestions for
changes and will send it to the President for his review
since the committees are appointed by the President.
Dan Grove made a motion to pay the Executive Director for
his work, seconded by Duane Jordan, passed.   

GOOD OF THE ORDER: Dan Grove and Duane Jordan will try to
get cup pictures for next years school cups.

Next Meeting: date was tentatively set for September 8th,
Time and location to be decided. Site Meter